Building Code Tutor is a straightforward yet comprehensive look at the fire safety and life protection principles set out in the Part 3 of all Canadian building codes.
The key principles and requirements of this complex set of standards are broken down into interactive modules. Each module presents a series of short lessons and steps that focus on the topics in plain language and includes activities, in-line note-taking features, and support. A brief quiz allows you to assess your understanding. Grades of 80% or better earn a Certificate of Completion.
How We Help
With the Building Code Tutor, you are in complete control of your learning experience.
- Access your course(s) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Watch or listen to modules on your computer, laptop, tablet, or phone.
- Skip content you already know to focus on the information you need.
- Review content you’re uncertain of to ensure complete understanding.
- Start, stop, and repeat playback to learn at your own pace.
- Compare and cross-reference NBCC and all the provincial building codes.
- Prepare for the BCIN exam required for certain Ontario-based professionals.
- Earn professional development credits from affiliated associations.
Building Code Tutor is 100% online. There are no classes or lectures to attend, and no books or supplemental materials to purchase, other than the building code. Modules are clearly narrated and include visuals to hold interest and reinforce learning. (View a sample video.)
Who We Help
Building Code Tutor is ideal for:
- Interior Designers
- Building Owners and Facility Managers
- Construction Professionals
With coverage of NBCC and every provincial code, Building Code Tutor serves professionals anywhere in Canada, but especially those who work across provincial boundaries.
Many of our customers have shared their opinions of Building Code Tutor.